Firmware Architect Team Leader
- Dublin, Ireland, Dublin
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Firmware Architect/Team Leader
One of the largest independent manufacturers of building control systems in Europe is looking for a Firmware Architect to lead the Firmware team. Our client is a pioneer and a recognized international leader in the development of Smart Building Energy Management Systems for building optimization for over 30 years.
As Firmware Architect / Team Leader, you will be the leader of the Firmware team who develop leading edge embedded firmware for microprocessor based products for Building Management Systems.
* Evaluating approaches and feasibility of concepts regarding FW for product roadmaps as defined by product management
* Create detailed Firmware requirements and deliverables documentation
* Understanding of network security and firmware required to support on all product ranges
* Planning firmware product delivery using internal and external development resources
* Assisting with product certification including BACnet
* Project managing firmware projects from requirements to delivery dates and coordinating with hardware and windows software team leaders to ensure product delivery dates are met
* Coaching, line and project management of the internal FW development team in Dublin and the US.
* FW support for automated FW testing
* Developing and supporting production tester software and firmware
* Ensure firmware code is code reviewed
* Ensure good design of firmware is performed and documented.
* Ensure consistent coding practices are implemented, documented, and executed.
* Supporting the technical support group (TSG) in resolving customer issues as necessary.
* Working closely with hardware and windows software teams to ensure high quality functional products are delivered.
* Debugging intractable FW defects and issues.
* Monitoring and analysing competitor products and technologies relevant to the companies' product lines to gain knowledge to create superior products
* Proactively seeking out process improvement areas and implementing improvements in these areas
* Contribute to the improvement in efficiency of our client's Engineering Department by performing other duties and participating in special projects as needed.
* Degree or Postgraduate qualification in Electronics Engineering.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in an FW / Embedded SW design / development environment.
* Excellent understanding and experience of embedded FW from microprocessor HW level to Linux to IP networking and USB standards.
* Excellent understanding and experience with FW for 32bit embedded ARM microprocessors up to 1GHz and Ethernet, WiFi, and USB networking interfaces.
* Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills as well as meticulous attention to detail.
* Commitment to a culture of success and teamwork.
* Commitment to continuous improvement.
* Commitment to formal requirements, design and testing development approach for all FW projects.
* Knowledge of embedded FW, C / C++, Linux.
* Project management skills to achieve defined releases dates.
* Proficient user of standard office tools - Word, Project and Excel.
* Experience in an embedded electronics manufacturing environment.
Nice to Have(s):
* Security standards and implementation including networking and authentication.
* Knowledge of the complete BACnet standard.
* Windows development (C#, .NET, MFC) a plus.
* Experience with Unicode and multi-byte character sets.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918372FK
Role: Firmware Architect/Team Leader
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.