IT Support Assistant
- Mayo, Ireland, Mayo
IT Support Assistant
Our client is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Co. Mayo. Their products can be seen working in over 50 countries.
They are currently looking to recruit an IT Support Assistant. The successful Candidate will need to be available to work flexible hours.
* Assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company
* Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly
* Install and maintain a variety of peripherals
* Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems
* Assist with the preparation of technical manuals and IT documentation
* Assist users in handling and learning desktop applications
* Assist in the maintenance and development of networks
* Create network and user accounts for staff and provide them with login information
* Other associated tasks as required.
* The candidate should be familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains
* Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints
* Should have a good understanding of standard Microsoft client software and be able to pass on knowledge to users as required
* Must be able to quickly learn new company‐specific software in order to be able to support users
* Relevant third level IT qualification
* Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with users of a broad range of computer competency levels
* Must be flexible with regard to working hours and understand that many IT projects can only be implemented out of hours during company down‐time.
* Must be willing and enthusiastic and should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918440FK
Role: IT Support Assistant
Location: Co. Mayo
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.